Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crowd Funding
We will be launching a crowd funding campaign and wanted to get from you guys your thoughts on rewards and costs.

What we had already up there is

Reserve Gamer Tag
Beta Access
Reserve Guild Name
And early access release

Any other thoughts on additional rewards, and how we should price the rewards?

S.R.
I like all those options but I do not have anything to add that I can think of at the moment.
What do you think good price ranges would be? Id like to price it in cheap enough we get 1000 people saying why the hell not
Reserve Gamer Tag - $5
Beta Access $10
Full Release Early Access - $15
Reserve Guild - $20.00

And with each tier you get the previous tiers?
I would personally just include all the rewards into one easy package with a set price... Even a $20-$30 package would add up if 1000 people buy one. Then make a donation link where players can donate as much or little as they want to help get the game going.
Start with a arachnids freighter
(05-24-2015, 06:13 AM)Candace23 Wrote: I would personally just include all the rewards into one easy package with a set price... Even a $20-$30 package would add up if 1000 people buy one. Then make a donation link where players can donate as much or little as they want to help get the game going.

CANDY!!!!

Smile

I think its a good suggestion, easy is sometimes better.
In another post, I read you are planning on using the Unreal 4 Engine. You might want to consider having some 'none in-game rewards' to help avoid the royalty fees for the engine.
I guess in reality, the fee will be small and it is easier just to pay it. 

Just a thought.
Unreal charges a total of 5% and we get a lot of bang for the buck, obviously if the game takes off and does well we will look at recoding it in our own engine which is something we are going to work towards, however developing an engine from scratch and having it be something worth using is a huge amount of time and money, and we just aren't quite on that level yet Smile Will get this little project done and working then we can develop a few more advanced toys.
(05-23-2015, 10:47 PM)StarReaper Wrote: Reserve Gamer Tag - $5
Beta Access $10
Reserve Guild - $20.00

you should definitely charge more to get in the Beta, maybe somewhere around $50 and then offer bonuses for Beta players upon launch of game. 

(05-26-2015, 06:06 PM)apgamedesign Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 10:47 PM)StarReaper Wrote: Reserve Gamer Tag - $5
Beta Access $10
Reserve Guild - $20.00

you should definitely charge more to get in the Beta, maybe somewhere around $50 and then offer bonuses for Beta players upon launch of game. 

people like to truly feel apart of something as well so maybe your higher end perks could be like a behind the scenes type deal. Something like, "have dinner with developers" or "get a boss named after you"